Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
After formal request, administration takes own steps on agency overhaul process
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 6:10pm EST
John Kamensky, a senior fellow and associate partner at the IBM Center for The Business of Government, has some experience in government restructurings.
Kamensky served as the deputy director of then-Vice President Al Gore's National Partnership for Reinventing Government.
Kamensy told In Depth with Francis Rose the administration's formal request for the consolidation authority is only the tip of the iceberg.
Obama has proposed merging several agencies related to business and trade, including the Small Business Administration and parts of the Commerce Department, into a single Cabinet-level department.
Kamensky discussed what the new department could look like if the plan is implemented and the interim steps the administration is taking.