Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
After formal request, administration takes own steps on agency overhaul process
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 6:10pm EST
John Kamensky, a senior fellow and associate partner at the IBM Center for The Business of Government, has some experience in government restructurings.
Kamensky served as the deputy director of then-Vice President Al Gore's National Partnership for Reinventing Government.
Kamensy told In Depth with Francis Rose the administration's formal request for the consolidation authority is only the tip of the iceberg.
Obama has proposed merging several agencies related to business and trade, including the Small Business Administration and parts of the Commerce Department, into a single Cabinet-level department.
Kamensky discussed what the new department could look like if the plan is implemented and the interim steps the administration is taking.