Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
After formal request, administration takes own steps on agency overhaul process
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 6:10pm EST
John Kamensky, a senior fellow and associate partner at the IBM Center for The Business of Government, has some experience in government restructurings.
Kamensky served as the deputy director of then-Vice President Al Gore's National Partnership for Reinventing Government.
Kamensy told In Depth with Francis Rose the administration's formal request for the consolidation authority is only the tip of the iceberg.
Obama has proposed merging several agencies related to business and trade, including the Small Business Administration and parts of the Commerce Department, into a single Cabinet-level department.
Kamensky discussed what the new department could look like if the plan is implemented and the interim steps the administration is taking.