Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama to set up watchdog for online privacy
Friday - 11/12/2010, 1:15pm EST
In the coming weeks, the president will unveil a plan giving new powers to the Commerce Department. The administration will also propose legislation to protect personally identifiable information,The Wall Street Journal reports.
The White House already set up a special task force to write Internet policy. The panel is chaired by Cameron Kerry, the Commerce general counsel and brother of Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.).
The administration states it is concerned with the increasingly important role of the Internet in people's daily lives.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.