Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama to set up watchdog for online privacy
Friday - 11/12/2010, 1:15pm EST
In the coming weeks, the president will unveil a plan giving new powers to the Commerce Department. The administration will also propose legislation to protect personally identifiable information,The Wall Street Journal reports.
The White House already set up a special task force to write Internet policy. The panel is chaired by Cameron Kerry, the Commerce general counsel and brother of Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.).
The administration states it is concerned with the increasingly important role of the Internet in people's daily lives.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.