Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ex-CIA boss David Petraeus takes USC teaching post
Thursday - 5/2/2013, 4:09am EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Petraeus' next tough assignment will be in the trenches of academia.
The University of Southern California announced Thursday that the retired general and former CIA director is joining the faculty to teach classes and mentor ROTC members.
Petraeus, who has a doctorate from Princeton University, says in a statement that USC is "a great university that prizes academic excellence."
It's the second teaching appointment for the hero of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
It was announced last month that he'll be a visiting professor at the City University of New York.
At USC, Petraeus will hold the title of Judge Widney Professor, which is named for the university's founder and is reserved for eminent teachers.
Petraeus left the CIA in November after acknowledging an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.