Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Ex-CIA boss David Petraeus takes USC teaching post
Thursday - 5/2/2013, 4:09am EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Petraeus' next tough assignment will be in the trenches of academia.
The University of Southern California announced Thursday that the retired general and former CIA director is joining the faculty to teach classes and mentor ROTC members.
Petraeus, who has a doctorate from Princeton University, says in a statement that USC is "a great university that prizes academic excellence."
It's the second teaching appointment for the hero of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
It was announced last month that he'll be a visiting professor at the City University of New York.
At USC, Petraeus will hold the title of Judge Widney Professor, which is named for the university's founder and is reserved for eminent teachers.
Petraeus left the CIA in November after acknowledging an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.