Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Tarasiuk to be next ODNI CIO
Thursday - 2/17/2011, 1:02pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Office of the Director for National Intelligence has a new chief information officer.
ODNI Director James Clapper announced Wednesday that he will appoint Al Tarasiuk as the CIO of the Intelligence Community.
Tarasiuk is a former CIA CIO from 2005 to 2010. He also was director of the CIA's Information Service Center prior to that where he oversaw the development, deployment and operational support of the CIA global information technology infrastructure.
Tarasiuk replaces Priscilla Guthrie, who resigned in November after 18 months in that role.
"Al is well known for his leadership in information sharing and intelligence integration, and his experience, distinguished career and dedication to duty will greatly benefit the entire intelligence community," Clapper said in a press release.
Tarasiuk will be responsible for bringing the 17 intelligence agencies together around technology policies and standards.
Tarasiuk began his career in the government in 1986 as an electrical engineer developing and implementing radio frequency systems. He served in different roles including technical manager, program manager and senior executive positions.
In January, he received the National Intelligence Reform Medal from the Director of National Intelligence for significant accomplishments leading to the transformation and integration of the U.S. Intelligence Community.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)