Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Spy chief: Cyber war is 'battleground of future'
Thursday - 2/10/2011, 7:39pm EST
Federal News Radio
The threat of cyber war is increasing, said James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, in comments to a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.
CIA Chief Leon Panetta said the Internet was "the battleground of the future" that the United States must be prepared to win, Reuters reports.
Panetta added that the United States faces growing threats in developing countries such as China and Russia.
"We're now the subject of literally hundreds of thousands of attacks that come in, in an effort to try to get information," Panetta said, according to a report by UPI.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.