Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Spy chief: Cyber war is 'battleground of future'
Thursday - 2/10/2011, 7:39pm EST
Federal News Radio
The threat of cyber war is increasing, said James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, in comments to a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.
CIA Chief Leon Panetta said the Internet was "the battleground of the future" that the United States must be prepared to win, Reuters reports.
Panetta added that the United States faces growing threats in developing countries such as China and Russia.
"We're now the subject of literally hundreds of thousands of attacks that come in, in an effort to try to get information," Panetta said, according to a report by UPI.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.