Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
MLS Commissioner being treated for prostate cancer
Saturday - 4/12/2014, 3:40pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Soccer says that Commissioner Don Garber is being treated for prostate cancer, and doctors expect he will make a full recovery
The 56-year-old Garber has undergone a series of comprehensive tests, and the cancer hasn't spread, MLS said Saturday. Garber will undergo surgery following treatment.
"Obviously no one wants to hear that they have cancer," Garber said in a statement. "However, I am being treated by exceptional doctors at two of the top hospitals in the world and am confident, as are they, that the prostate cancer will be successfully treated, with a full recovery.
"I plan on keeping a normal schedule and will continue managing the league and Soccer United Marketing during my course of treatment. With the support of my family, friends, colleagues and doctors, I am feeling very strong, energized and extremely focused."
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.