Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Virginia mental health chief to retire
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 9:19am EST
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Virginia's mental health chief plans to retire when Gov. Bob McDonnell's term ends.
Media outlets report that Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services commissioner James Stewart III announced his retirement in a memo sent last week to central staff, facility heads and community services boards' directors.
Stewart's memo also says deputy commissioner Olivia Garland will retire Jan. 15 and another executive, Heidi Dix, is leaving the department.
The department says assistant commissioner for behavioral health John J. Pezzoli will serve as acting commissioner until a replacement is named.
The 67-year-old Stewart tells The Daily Progress (http://bit.ly/1aciYtv ) that he planned to cap his career with the position when McDonnell appointed him four years ago. He says he's looking forward to exploring different interests during the next chapter of his life.
Information from: The Daily Progress, http://www.dailyprogress.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.