Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Sloan-Kettering gets $90M donation
Monday - 1/6/2014, 7:20am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan has received a $90 million gift from Ludwig Cancer Research.
The Wall Street Journal (http://on.wsj.com/1i9LVYU ) says it's one of six institutions to share a $540 million gift from the international scientific collaborative founded by the late shipping magnate Daniel Ludwig.
Sloan-Kettering will use its portion to support research in an emerging field called immuno-oncology.
The other institutions sharing the $540 million gift are Harvard Medical School; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the University of Chicago; Stanford University; and the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center.
The donation is one of the largest for cancer research from a private organization. It comes after a 2006 contribution that established Ludwig Centers at each of the six institutions.
Information from: The Wall Street Journal, http://www.wsj.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.