Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Police guarding polio team in Pakistan shot dead
Saturday - 11/30/2013, 6:30am EST
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) -- Police say gunmen have fired on police officers protecting a team of polio workers in northwest Pakistan, killing one and wounding another.
Peshawar police official Naeem Khan Khattak says the two officers came under attack Saturday as they were returning to a police station after doing duty with the polio workers on the outskirts of the city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
No group claimed responsibility, but militants have killed more than a dozen polio workers and police protecting them over the last year in Pakistan.
They accuse health workers of acting as spies for Washington and claim the vaccine is intended to make Muslim children sterile.
Pakistan is one of only three countries where the virus is still endemic.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.