Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
John Prine has operable form of lung cancer
Friday - 11/22/2013, 12:53am EST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Country singer-songwriter John Prine says he's been diagnosed with an operable form of lung cancer.
A note on the 67-year-old Prine's website says he will undergo surgery next month, forcing the postponement of two dates in Louisville, Ky. Prine says in the note that doctors found the cancer early and "see no reason why I won't fully recover." The cancer is not related to the squamous cell cancer on his neck for which he was treated in the mid-1990s. Prine's management confirmed the details of the post.
The "Angel from Montgomery" singer postponed dates in Wisconsin earlier this month due to illness. Those concerts and two scheduled for next month in Louisville will be pushed to 2014. Prine will still play Dec. 6-7 dates in North Carolina.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.