Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Orioles 3B Machado undergoes surgery on knee
Monday - 10/14/2013, 7:50pm EDT
BALTIMORE (AP) -- Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has undergone surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left knee.
Monday's operation was performed in California by Dr. Neal ElAttrache, according to the team.
The 75-minute procedure included an arthroscopy and open reconstruction of the medial patellar femoral ligament. A hamstring tendon was used to graft a replacement for the ruptured ligament.
Recovery time is estimated to be around six months.
The 21-year-old Machado played in every game this season before the injury, which occurred on Sept. 23 when he stepped awkwardly on first base in a game at Tampa Bay.
A first-time All-Star this season, Machado hit .283 with 14 homers, 71 RBIs and 51 doubles.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.