Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Spain's king undergoes successful hip surgery
Wednesday - 9/25/2013, 5:00am EDT
MADRID (AP) -- Spain's King Juan Carlos has had a hip prosthesis successfully removed after he was found to have an infection that made it difficult for him to walk.
Surgeon Miguel Cabanela told reporters at Madrid's Quiron hospital that the 75-year-old king could be up and about Wednesday afternoon and could return to a certain normal activity on leaving hospital within the next week or so.
He will have to undergo another operation in two months to complete the process.
The king underwent the operation Tuesday. It was his fifth operation in less than two years.
This latest health problem raised some speculation as to whether it was time for the king to abdicate in favor of his son, Crown Prince Felipe, but this was ruled out by the royal palace.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.