Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Rabid raccoon found in Pasadena park
Tuesday - 9/24/2013, 7:08pm EDT
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Anne Arundel County health officials say a rabid raccoon has been found in a Pasadena park.
The animal was found Sept. 20 at the Downs Park Information Center. The Department of Health says it tested positive for rabies.
Officials say anyone who came in contact with the animal should call the health department. Anyone whose pet was bitten or scratched by a raccoon is asked to call animal control.
The department reminds residents not to feed stray or wild animals. Pet owners are urged to keep their animals' rabies vaccinations current.
The health department says there have been 31 confirmed cases of animal rabies reported in the county this year. Most of them have been raccoons.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.