Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Czechs report record fake erectile pills seizure
Thursday - 9/26/2013, 1:48pm EDT
PRAGUE (AP) -- Customs officials in the Czech Republic say they have seized almost 200,000 fake erectile dysfunction pills.
Czech Customs Administration spokeswoman Sarka Miskovska says a total of 194,300 counterfeit Viagra and Cialis pills were seized recently at Prague's Vaclav Havel airport. Miskovska says they arrived in two shipments from an unspecified country in southern Asia.
In a statement Tuesday, the administration said it was a record seizure and the value of the original Eli Lilly and Co.'s Cialis and Pfizer Inc.'s Viagra pills would have been 87 million koruna ($4.5 million).
It is not clear whether the pills were meant for the Czech Republic or another country. No further details were available. The customs office said it is still investigating the incident.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.