Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Czechs report record fake erectile pills seizure
Thursday - 9/26/2013, 1:48pm EDT
PRAGUE (AP) -- Customs officials in the Czech Republic say they have seized almost 200,000 fake erectile dysfunction pills.
Czech Customs Administration spokeswoman Sarka Miskovska says a total of 194,300 counterfeit Viagra and Cialis pills were seized recently at Prague's Vaclav Havel airport. Miskovska says they arrived in two shipments from an unspecified country in southern Asia.
In a statement Tuesday, the administration said it was a record seizure and the value of the original Eli Lilly and Co.'s Cialis and Pfizer Inc.'s Viagra pills would have been 87 million koruna ($4.5 million).
It is not clear whether the pills were meant for the Czech Republic or another country. No further details were available. The customs office said it is still investigating the incident.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.