Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Florida QB Jeff Driskel has appendectomy
Tuesday - 7/30/2013, 5:35pm EDT
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel could miss the first two weeks of fall practice while recovering from an appendectomy.
Driskel, a junior entering his second year as Florida's starter, underwent surgery Tuesday at Shands Hospital on campus.
Coach Will Muschamp says surgery went well, adding "how long he is out will be determined by how his body responds, which could be two weeks."
Muschamp says: "Jeff had acute appendicitis and fortunately the medical staff caught it very quickly."
Driskel, a 6-foot-4, 237-pounder from Oviedo, threw for 1,646 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. He also ran for more than 400 yards and had four rushing TDs.
Florida's backup is fourth-year junior Tyler Murphy, who has played in three games. The Gators also have redshirt freshman Skyler Mornhinweg and freshman Max Staver.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.