Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Nearly 2,300 treated at free clinic in Wise County
Tuesday - 7/30/2013, 10:50am EDT
WISE, Va. (AP) -- Nearly 2,300 patients received treatment during a free three-day health clinic in Wise County.
That's down from the 2,442 patients who were treated during the annual Wise Remote Area Medical clinic in 2012.
Clinic organizers say volunteer physicians and other health care workers installed more than 1,700 fillings, performed 700 eye exams and made about 900 pairs of eyeglasses. They also performed more than 1,900 general medical services and almost 4,000 dental extractions.
Organizers say the value of services provided rose from $1.95 million in 2012 to about $2.2 million during this year's clinic.
Media outlets report that organizers released the figures Monday. The clinic was held July 19-21 at the Wise County Fairgrounds.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.