Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Nearly 2,300 treated at free clinic in Wise County
Tuesday - 7/30/2013, 10:50am EDT
WISE, Va. (AP) -- Nearly 2,300 patients received treatment during a free three-day health clinic in Wise County.
That's down from the 2,442 patients who were treated during the annual Wise Remote Area Medical clinic in 2012.
Clinic organizers say volunteer physicians and other health care workers installed more than 1,700 fillings, performed 700 eye exams and made about 900 pairs of eyeglasses. They also performed more than 1,900 general medical services and almost 4,000 dental extractions.
Organizers say the value of services provided rose from $1.95 million in 2012 to about $2.2 million during this year's clinic.
Media outlets report that organizers released the figures Monday. The clinic was held July 19-21 at the Wise County Fairgrounds.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.