Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Bourbon brands offering up special blend
Tuesday - 7/23/2013, 6:58pm EDT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Kentucky's renowned bourbon brands are offering up a bit of their whiskeys for a special blend to benefit efforts to find a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease.
The concoction is called Master Distillers' Unity. Bardstown-based Heaven Hill says a crystal two-bottle set of the one-of-its-kind blend will be offered at auction in New York City on Oct. 13.
The special 100-proof blend will be offered at the Bonham's Whisky, Cognac and Rare Spirits auction. It consists of bourbon from Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey and Woodford Reserve. The master distiller for each brand selected the extra-aged bourbons, and longtime Heaven Hill Distilleries master distiller Parker Beam developed the special blend.
The blend consists of equal amounts of each brand.
All proceeds will go to the Parker Beam Promise of Hope Fund, which is raising money for research and patient care by the ALS Association.
Parker Beam has been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, better known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease.
The special blend won't be sold in liquor stores. Other than the auction winner, the only people with an opportunity to taste the special bourbon will be those attending a tribute to Parker Beam at WhiskyFest New York on Oct. 12 -- the day before the auction.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.