Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Company recalls weight loss supplements
Friday - 6/14/2013, 6:49pm EDT
MIAMI (AP) -- A South Florida company is voluntarily recalling weight loss supplements called "JaDera" and "Xiyouji Qingzhi."
Florida Dolphin Intertrade Corp. announced Friday that these products have been found to contain undeclared Sibutramine, which was a previously approved controlled substance for the treatment of obesity. It was removed from the U.S. market in October 2010 for safety reasons.
Florida Dolphin Intertrade says that products containing Sibutramine are known to substantially increase blood pressure and pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke. These products may also interact in life threatening ways with other medications a consumer may be taking.
The supplements were distributed from May 2011 to May 2013.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact 305-383-7600
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.