Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Sheryl Crow headlines Down Syndrome charity event
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 3:19am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Singer Sheryl Crow is headlining a fundraiser for the Global Down Syndrome Foundation in Washington.
Organizers say the gala on Wednesday night is designed to raise awareness about Down syndrome. It will also honor Washington Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Maryland Rep. Chris Van Hollen with the Quincy Jones Exceptional Advocacy Award for their support of those with disabilities.
Celebrities will escort 25 models with Down syndrome at the event.
Organizers say Down syndrome is the most frequent chromosomal condition and affects about 400,000 Americans. But it's the least funded genetic condition for research by the National Institutions of Health.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.