Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Zeta-Jones checks into mental health facility
Tuesday - 4/30/2013, 3:26pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actress has "proactively" checked into a mental health facility for treatment of her bipolar condition.
Publicist Sarah Fuller said in an email to The Associated Press late Monday that Zeta-Jones "is committed to periodic care in order to manage her health in an optimum manner."
Two years ago, the 43-year-old Oscar winner checked into a similar facility for a brief stay for treatment of her condition, known as Bipolar II. The disorder is characterized by mood swings and depressive episodes, and is commonly treated with medication and psychotherapy.
Zeta-Jones has been one of the busiest talents in show business of late, appearing in films such as "Rock of Ages," ''Playing for Keeps," ''Broken City" and "Side Effects."
Her most recent treatment was first reported by TMZ.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.