Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Zeta-Jones checks into mental health facility
Tuesday - 4/30/2013, 3:26pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A spokeswoman for Catherine Zeta-Jones says the actress has "proactively" checked into a mental health facility for treatment of her bipolar condition.
Publicist Sarah Fuller said in an email to The Associated Press late Monday that Zeta-Jones "is committed to periodic care in order to manage her health in an optimum manner."
Two years ago, the 43-year-old Oscar winner checked into a similar facility for a brief stay for treatment of her condition, known as Bipolar II. The disorder is characterized by mood swings and depressive episodes, and is commonly treated with medication and psychotherapy.
Zeta-Jones has been one of the busiest talents in show business of late, appearing in films such as "Rock of Ages," ''Playing for Keeps," ''Broken City" and "Side Effects."
Her most recent treatment was first reported by TMZ.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.