Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Man dies as UK measles epidemic spreads
Monday - 4/22/2013, 7:00pm EDT
LONDON (AP) -- U.K. authorities say a 25-year-old man is suspected to have died from measles as an epidemic continues to sweep across south Wales.
The outbreak has led to more than 800 infections and renewed discussions over the failure of some parents to vaccinate their children against the potentially fatal virus.
The most effective way of fighting it remains the measles mumps and rubella vaccine, often abbreviated MMR, but a vocal anti-vaccine movement has helped push measles cases to an 18-year high in England and Wales.
It's not yet clear whether the man died of the virus. Public health officials in Wales said tests had shown he was infected with measles at the time of his death but that the cause was still being investigating.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.