Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Wyo. woman pleads no contest to poisoning stepmom
Friday - 3/22/2013, 12:00pm EDT
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) -- A 19-year-old Wyoming woman accused of poisoning her stepmother with eye drops has pleaded no contest to an aggravated assault charge.
Alexis Jennings of Natrona County entered the plea Thursday in state district court.
Prosecutors allege Jennings put about 20 bottles of Visine in her stepmother's tea and coffee over four months. The stepmother was hospitalized twice with various ailments.
Investigators have said Jennings wanted her stepmother dead because Jennings told the woman she had molested a young girl, and the stepmother revealed the secret to Jennings' boyfriend at the time.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/11oH919 ) a judge will sentence Jennings at a later date.
Information from: Casper (Wyo.) Star-Tribune, http://www.trib.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.