Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Bio Box: Kenneth Frazier, CEO of drugmaker Merck
Friday - 3/1/2013, 3:20pm EST
The Associated Press
Merck & Co. CEO, Chairman and President Kenneth C. Frazier
FAMILY: Married with a teenage son and adult daughter who's an engineer.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from Pennsylvania State University; law degree from Harvard Law School.
CAREER: Served in private practice for 14 years, including as a partner at Philadelphia's Drinker Biddle & Reath. Joined Merck in 1992 and became head of public affairs in 1994. Worked in various executive posts in Merck's legal department, serving as general counsel from December 1999 to 2007. Ran Merck's global prescription medicines business from then until May 2010, when he was named president. Promoted to CEO in January 2011 and added board chairman position on in December 2011.
HOBBIES: Watching baseball and football games, running and reading, particularly history and biography.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.