Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Death linked to abortion clinic is investigated
Sunday - 2/10/2013, 6:40pm EST
GERMANTOWN, Md. (AP) -- Authorities in Maryland are investigating the death of a woman who is believed to have been undergoing an abortion procedure at a clinic in Germantown.
The Washington Post (http://tinyurl.com/acqtazz) reports that the 29-year-old woman died Thursday at a hospital and that Montgomery County police and the state medical examiner are investigating. Capt. Paul Starks, a police spokesman, says there is no indication of criminal activity in the death.
Abortion opponents say the woman was undergoing an abortion at the Germantown clinic of Dr. LeRoy Carhart. The clinic is frequently the site of demonstrations because abortion opponents say Carhart routinely performs dangerous late-term procedures. Abortion-rights advocates have defended Carhart, saying he performs procedures that other physicians have backed away from.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.