Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Death linked to abortion clinic is investigated
Sunday - 2/10/2013, 6:40pm EST
GERMANTOWN, Md. (AP) -- Authorities in Maryland are investigating the death of a woman who is believed to have been undergoing an abortion procedure at a clinic in Germantown.
The Washington Post (http://tinyurl.com/acqtazz) reports that the 29-year-old woman died Thursday at a hospital and that Montgomery County police and the state medical examiner are investigating. Capt. Paul Starks, a police spokesman, says there is no indication of criminal activity in the death.
Abortion opponents say the woman was undergoing an abortion at the Germantown clinic of Dr. LeRoy Carhart. The clinic is frequently the site of demonstrations because abortion opponents say Carhart routinely performs dangerous late-term procedures. Abortion-rights advocates have defended Carhart, saying he performs procedures that other physicians have backed away from.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.