Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Fatal storm: deaths related to the Northeast snow
Sunday - 2/10/2013, 11:01pm EST
The Associated Press
A look at the deaths related to the massive snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast in 1 to 3 feet of snow and battered the coastline with high winds and some flooding.
-- A 73-year-old man fell while cleaning up in Danbury and later died.
-- 49-year-old man in Shelton apparently suffered a "medical event" while shoveling snow.
-- A man was found dead in a driveway in Bridgeport. His body was discovered under snow.
-- A woman in her 80s who was clearing snow Friday in Prospect was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver.
-- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said five people died; details were not immediately available on the fifth death.
-- A 75-year-old man disoriented by whiteout conditions crashed into a tree in Passadumkeag, then drove his pickup onto the Penobscot River. The submerged truck was found Sunday.
-- A boy who took shelter in a snowed-in car in Boston while his father shoveled around it died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities said he was 13 or 14.
-- A man in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood also died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a running, snowed-in car.
-- A 60-year-old Webster man, who was a 32-year-member of the Worcester Fire Department, suffered a heart attack and died at a hospital after shoveling snow at his Webster home.
-- A 23-year-old man plowing his driveway with a farm tractor went off the edge of the road and was killed in Columbia County.
-- A driver lost control in snowy conditions in Poughkeepsie and fatally struck a 74-year-old man.
-- A 58-year-old man apparently suffered a medical problem while removing snow from his car at a senior citizens' apartment complex in Selden on Long Island.
-- An 80-year-old woman in Hamilton collapsed while shoveling her driveway.
-- A 49-year-old Oshawa man was killed as a result of a multi-vehicle collision in Pickering, east of Toronto, on Friday.
-- A 57-year-old Ottawa man died when his car crashed in blizzard conditions near Prescott, Ontario.
Sources: Law enforcement, government officials, AP reporting
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.