Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Md. hospital hosts heart disease awareness event
Saturday - 2/9/2013, 7:40am EST
BALTIMORE (AP) -- Saint Agnes Hospital will host its 9th Annual Red Dress Sunday in honor of National Heart Month.
The red-dress event is a faith-based health education program designed to raise awareness of the effects of heart disease among women.
Organizers say that women attending 130 churches throughout Maryland will wear red during their Sunday services to draw attention the disease.
The congregation of participating churches will also receive information on maintaining a heart healthy lifestyle.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year.
Organizers say the red dress is the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.