Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Germany's Merck suffers setback with cancer drug
Wednesday - 12/19/2012, 6:15am EST
BERLIN (AP) - German pharmaceutical company Merck KgaA says a late stage trial of a new lung cancer drug has failed to meet expectations.
The company, based in Darmstadt, says the drug Stimuvax did not improve the overall survival of patients in the phase III study.
Merck shares fell 3.1 percent to (EURO)98.20 ($129.41) after the announcement early Wednesday.
The company is a separate entity from Merck & Co., which is based in the U.S.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)