Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Spain's King Juan Carlos in hospital for hip op
Friday - 11/23/2012, 1:47pm EST
MADRID (AP) - Spain's King Juan Carlos has arrived at a hospital in Madrid to undergo hip surgery to give him greater mobility.
The king smiled from the front passenger seat of a chauffeured car and joked with a large group of journalists that had gathered at the entrance to the Quiron San Jose hospital on Friday.
Juan Carlos told government leaders gathered at the Iberoamerican Summit last week he had to "go back to the workshop."
The 74-year-old monarch will have the operation on his left hip. In April he was flown back from a controversial elephant hunting safari in southern Africa after fracturing his right hip joint.
The king has had several health issues in the past two years, including knee surgery and the removal of a benign lung tumor.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)