Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Abortion seekers often poor and already mothers
Saturday - 10/20/2012, 1:34pm EDT
(AP) - Nearly 1 million women get abortions every year. Most say they made that choice because they couldn't afford a baby or having one would interfere with a job, caring for existing children or other responsibilities.
Who are these women?
_More than half _ 54 percent _ say they were using birth control around the time they got pregnant.
_Most are unmarried, in their 20s and 30s; 18 percent are teens.
_More than half are poor.
_Three-fourths identify with a religion, mostly Protestant; more than 1 in 4 are Catholic.
_Nearly 60 percent have at least one child.
_More than one-third are white, 30 percent are black and 25 percent are Hispanic.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Guttmacher Institute.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)