Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Taylor Swift to debut song for cancer victim
Friday - 9/7/2012, 10:51am EDT
AP Entertainment Writer
NEW YORK (AP) - Taylor Swift will pay tribute to a young cancer victim with a special song on Friday's "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon.
"Ronan" is dedicated to a 3-year-old boy who died last year of neuroblastoma. Swift wrote the song after reading the blog of Ronan's mother, Maya Thompson, who is credited as a co-writer.
According to a person familiar with the show, but who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak, the song has never been performed in public. After the telethon, it will be available on iTunes; proceeds will go to cancer-related charities.
"Stand Up to Cancer" will air on all the major networks and cable channels. Besides Swift, it will feature celebrities including Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and more.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)