Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Taylor Swift to debut song for cancer victim
Friday - 9/7/2012, 10:51am EDT
AP Entertainment Writer
NEW YORK (AP) - Taylor Swift will pay tribute to a young cancer victim with a special song on Friday's "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon.
"Ronan" is dedicated to a 3-year-old boy who died last year of neuroblastoma. Swift wrote the song after reading the blog of Ronan's mother, Maya Thompson, who is credited as a co-writer.
According to a person familiar with the show, but who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak, the song has never been performed in public. After the telethon, it will be available on iTunes; proceeds will go to cancer-related charities.
"Stand Up to Cancer" will air on all the major networks and cable channels. Besides Swift, it will feature celebrities including Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and more.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)