Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Flesh-eating bacteria killed Texas boy in Calif.
Thursday - 8/30/2012, 9:12am EDT
SAN DIEGO (AP) - A 7-year-old Texas boy who died during a Southern California vacation was killed by flesh-eating bacteria.
The San Diego County medical examiner's office says Tevita Alatini died on July 10 after the infection spread to muscle tissue. The office didn't say how he might have contracted the infection.
Authorities say the boy also had anemia caused by an autoimmune condition and that contributed to his death.
Tevita was hospitalized only days after he and his family arrived in San Diego County last month from Spring, Texas. His uncle, Sione Niko, told the North County Times that the boy became increasingly sick and his parents noticed a red spot under his arm.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)