Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bret Michaels opens music room at Arizona hospital
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 8:13pm EDT
PHOENIX (AP) - Former Poison frontman Bret Michaels is showing off a new room for patients and their families at the Phoenix hospital where he was treated for a brain hemorrhage.
The musician officially opened the Bret Michaels Hospitality and Music Room inside St. Joseph's Barrow Neurological Institute on Tuesday.
The room is located near patients' rooms and features relaxation areas for patients and families. It is decorated with a music theme and features Michaels' personal music memorabilia.
Michaels says he's thrilled to give back to a hospital he credits with saving his life.
He was treated at the hospital in April 2010 for a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a life-threatening type of stroke.
He then returned to St. Joseph's in 2011 to undergo a heart procedure.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)