Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Biden to Iraqi leaders: Time for new government
Tuesday - 8/26/2014, 1:30pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden has called three top Iraqi leaders to call for the formation of a new government of Iraq and encourage their opposition to the Islamic State terror group.
Biden called Iraqi Kurdistan Regional President Masoud Barzan on Sunday night and Iraqi Prime Minister-designate Haider al-Abadi and Iraqi Council of Representatives Speaker Salim al-Jabouri on Monday.
Biden and al-Abadi discussed military action against Islamic State and the importance of forming a new government in the fight against the terror group that has seized large areas of Iraq and Syria.
Abadi reassured Biden of his intent to quickly form a new government that is inclusive of all segments of Iraqi society and that he is prepared to take concrete steps to addresses the concerns of all of Iraq's communities.
The U.S. vice president and Barzani agreed on the importance of continuing the cooperation underway between the Kurdish peshmerga and the Iraqi security forces that helped retake the Mosul Dam.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.