Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
World's largest naval base to get new leader
Friday - 2/14/2014, 4:10am EST
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- The world's largest naval installation is getting a new leader.
Capt. Robert E. Clark Jr. will become Naval Station Norfolk's commanding officer on Friday. He's taking over for Capt. David A. Culler Jr., who is retiring in May. Naval Station Norfolk is home to aircraft carriers, submarines and surface ships. It's also the home port for a Navy hospital ship and it has an airfield used by planes and helicopters.
Clark has served as the installation's executive officer since 2012. He's a graduate of nearby Old Dominion University and has served on a number of ships. He's also held leadership position in several shore commands, including a job as the warfighter improvement division chief for the former U.S. Joint Forces Command.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.