Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ex-NY Rep. Otis Pike dies at 92 in Florida
Monday - 1/20/2014, 6:40pm EST
VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Former New York Democratic Congressman Otis Pike has died at age 92 in Florida.
Lois Pike Eyre says her father died Monday at a Vero Beach hospice after a long illness.
Pike served 18 years in Congress before deciding to retire in 1978.
In the mid-1970s, he chaired the House Select Committee on Intelligence, which investigated questionable CIA activities. The agency considered the Pike Committee inquiry as a dramatic shift in Congress and the first significant House investigation of the U.S. intelligence community since the CIA's creation in 1947.
After he retired from Congress, Pike wrote a syndicated column for Newhouse Newspapers for 20 years.
Pike was born in Riverhead, N.Y. He served in the Marines as a pilot in the Pacific during World War II.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.