Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Ex-NY Rep. Otis Pike dies at 92 in Florida
Monday - 1/20/2014, 6:40pm EST
VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Former New York Democratic Congressman Otis Pike has died at age 92 in Florida.
Lois Pike Eyre says her father died Monday at a Vero Beach hospice after a long illness.
Pike served 18 years in Congress before deciding to retire in 1978.
In the mid-1970s, he chaired the House Select Committee on Intelligence, which investigated questionable CIA activities. The agency considered the Pike Committee inquiry as a dramatic shift in Congress and the first significant House investigation of the U.S. intelligence community since the CIA's creation in 1947.
After he retired from Congress, Pike wrote a syndicated column for Newhouse Newspapers for 20 years.
Pike was born in Riverhead, N.Y. He served in the Marines as a pilot in the Pacific during World War II.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.