Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Comstock announces GOP run for Wolf's House seat
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 5:20pm EST
McLEAN, Va. (AP) -- A state delegate and former staffer to retiring GOP Congressman Frank Wolf is announcing her campaign for the seat.
Republican Barbara Comstock, who represents the McLean area in the House of Delegates, said Tuesday she is running to succeed her old boss in Virginia's 10th Congressional District.
Comstock, a former Justice Department spokeswoman, won re-election to her state House seat in November by a 51-49 margin.
The race is expected to draw other candidates. Republicans have not yet decided whether to nominate a candidate by convention, primary election or firehouse primary.
The race is one of just a dozen nationally rated a tossup by University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato.
On the Democratic side, Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust announced his campaign prior to Wolf's retirement.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.