Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Comstock announces GOP run for Wolf's House seat
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 5:20pm EST
McLEAN, Va. (AP) -- A state delegate and former staffer to retiring GOP Congressman Frank Wolf is announcing her campaign for the seat.
Republican Barbara Comstock, who represents the McLean area in the House of Delegates, said Tuesday she is running to succeed her old boss in Virginia's 10th Congressional District.
Comstock, a former Justice Department spokeswoman, won re-election to her state House seat in November by a 51-49 margin.
The race is expected to draw other candidates. Republicans have not yet decided whether to nominate a candidate by convention, primary election or firehouse primary.
The race is one of just a dozen nationally rated a tossup by University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato.
On the Democratic side, Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust announced his campaign prior to Wolf's retirement.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.