Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Good times continue on Wall Street...Oil prices climb... Obama signs budget bill, defense bill
Thursday - 12/26/2013, 6:40pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are higher in quiet trading on Wall Street as traders returned from the Christmas holiday. Investors were encouraged by a sharp drop last week in the number of Americans applying for jobless benefits. The Dow climbed 122 points to close at 16,479. The S&P 500 rose nearly nine points to 1,842. The Nasdaq was up nearly 12 points to 4,167.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices are edging higher, as violence in South Sudan stokes concerns about that nation's oil production. Benchmark crude for February delivery was up 33 cents to close at $99.55 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. At the gas pump, the average price of a gallon of regular is $3.27. That's up 6 cents from a week ago, and up 21 cents from this time last year.
HONOLULU (AP) -- President Barack Obama has signed bipartisan budget legislation that'll prevent another government shutdown for nearly two years. Obama signed the bill today while vacationing in Hawaii. The deal reduces across-the-board cuts already scheduled to take effect, restoring about $63 billion over two years. It includes a projected $85 billion in other savings.
HONOLULU (AP) -- President Barack Obama has signed into law a comprehensive defense bill. It provides $552.1 billion for the regular military budget, plus $80.7 billion for the Afghanistan war and other overseas operations. The legislation gives military personnel a 1 percent pay raise and also aims to crack down on sexual assault in the military.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Some lucky fliers are elated they scored some really cheap flights on Delta Air Lines -- all because of a computer glitch. For about two hours today, some fares on Delta's website and other airfare booking sites were showing up incorrectly, offering an incredible deal. A Delta spokesman says the carrier will honor those tickets. He says the problem has been fixed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.