Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama hails US energy production over imports
Monday - 11/18/2013, 9:58am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says improved energy efficiency and higher energy production in the United States are yielding environmental and economic benefits that are helping ensure cleaner air and a more competitive business landscape.
In his weekly Saturday radio and Internet address Obama draws attention to increased U.S. oil extraction, which last month exceeded oil imports for the first time in nearly two decades.
He says that represents, quote, "a tremendous step towards American energy independence."
Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin delivered the Republican address, criticizing the 3-year-old health care law. He says Obama's unmet claims that Americans would be able to keep their insurance plans amounted to, quote, "political fraud."
He calls Obama's acknowledgement that he fumbled the launch of the health care enrollment period a phony apology.
Obama's address: http://www.whitehouse.gov
Republican address: http://www.youtube.com/user/gopweeklyaddress
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.