Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama meets with health insurance CEOs
Sunday - 11/17/2013, 12:24pm EST
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he brought health insurance CEOs to the White House to brainstorm ways to make sure Americans know what their coverage options are under the law.
Obama made no mention of the substantial change to the law he announced one day earlier. The change allows insurance companies to offer people another year of coverage under their existing plans. That's because people have been losing coverage and haven't been able to find new plans on the balky HealthCare.gov website.
The president says the HealthCare.gov website is "working a lot better now than it was a couple weeks ago." But he said some people continue to be blocked from seeing what insurance plans and subsidies are available.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.