Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama naming physician Murthy as surgeon general
Thursday - 11/14/2013, 7:40pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is nominating a Harvard Medical School physician as the nation's next surgeon general.
Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy is co-founder and president of Doctors for America, an organization that says its mission is to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, high quality health care. He also started a nonprofit that focused on HIV/AIDS education in India and the United States.
The surgeon general serves for a four-year term and is the nation's top spokesperson on public health issues. If confirmed by the Senate, Murthy would replace acting Surgeon General Boris Lushniak.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.