Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama, religious leaders seek immigration overhaul
Wednesday - 11/13/2013, 4:58pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House says religious leaders and President Barack Obama have agreed there is a moral imperative for overhauling the nation's immigration laws and are committed to pushing Congress to act.
Eight leaders of faith-based organizations met with Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and senior White House officials Wednesday in an effort to maintain pressure on lawmakers. The Senate has passed a bipartisan bill that increases border security and provides a path to citizenship for immigrants in the country illegally.
House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday, however, said the House will not attempt to find a compromise with the Senate bill.
The White House, in a read-out of the president's meeting, said the religious leaders voiced concern that the current system is hurting families in their congregations.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.