Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama, religious leaders seek immigration overhaul
Wednesday - 11/13/2013, 4:58pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House says religious leaders and President Barack Obama have agreed there is a moral imperative for overhauling the nation's immigration laws and are committed to pushing Congress to act.
Eight leaders of faith-based organizations met with Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and senior White House officials Wednesday in an effort to maintain pressure on lawmakers. The Senate has passed a bipartisan bill that increases border security and provides a path to citizenship for immigrants in the country illegally.
House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday, however, said the House will not attempt to find a compromise with the Senate bill.
The White House, in a read-out of the president's meeting, said the religious leaders voiced concern that the current system is hurting families in their congregations.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.