Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Norton to launch campaign for 13th term
Saturday - 11/9/2013, 8:50am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The District of Columbia's delegate to Congress is gearing up to run for a 13th term.
Democratic Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton has represented the district in Congress since 1991. She is unopposed thus far in the April 1 Democratic primary.
Norton will launch her campaign on Saturday at a new apartment building near the Washington Navy Yard. Norton's campaign says the fast-growing neighborhood was made possible by a bill she pushed through Congress.
As a delegate to Congress, Norton can introduce legislation and vote in committees, but she can't vote on the House floor.
The 76-year-old native Washingtonian will speak briefly about what she hopes to accomplish if she wins another term.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.