Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Norton to launch campaign for 13th term
Saturday - 11/9/2013, 8:50am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The District of Columbia's delegate to Congress is gearing up to run for a 13th term.
Democratic Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton has represented the district in Congress since 1991. She is unopposed thus far in the April 1 Democratic primary.
Norton will launch her campaign on Saturday at a new apartment building near the Washington Navy Yard. Norton's campaign says the fast-growing neighborhood was made possible by a bill she pushed through Congress.
As a delegate to Congress, Norton can introduce legislation and vote in committees, but she can't vote on the House floor.
The 76-year-old native Washingtonian will speak briefly about what she hopes to accomplish if she wins another term.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.