Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Female Warrior statue to be unveiled at Fort Lee
Wednesday - 11/6/2013, 4:10am EST
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) -- A statue recognizing the service of women in the Army is set to be introduced at Virginia's Fort Lee.
The Female Warrior statue will be unveiled outside the U.S. Army Women's Museum on Thursday.
The statue is funded by the nonprofit Friends of the Army Women's Museum using private contributions. It was created by Kodiak Studios Inc. of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Fort Lee says the full-size statue is the only one recognizing the service of Army women located on an Army post.
The museum itself was dedicated in 2001.
Fort Lee: http://www.awm.lee.army.mil
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.