Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Female Warrior statue to be unveiled at Fort Lee
Wednesday - 11/6/2013, 4:10am EST
FORT LEE, Va. (AP) -- A statue recognizing the service of women in the Army is set to be introduced at Virginia's Fort Lee.
The Female Warrior statue will be unveiled outside the U.S. Army Women's Museum on Thursday.
The statue is funded by the nonprofit Friends of the Army Women's Museum using private contributions. It was created by Kodiak Studios Inc. of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Fort Lee says the full-size statue is the only one recognizing the service of Army women located on an Army post.
The museum itself was dedicated in 2001.
Fort Lee: http://www.awm.lee.army.mil
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.