Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
3 US troops killed in attack in Afghanistan
Sunday - 9/22/2013, 3:20pm EDT
DOUGLASS K. DANIEL
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Defense Department says the three troops killed Saturday in eastern Afghanistan by an Afghan wearing a security forces uniform are Americans.
It appears to be the seventh such attack by a member of the Afghan forces against their international allies.
A Defense Department official says no details will be released about the three American troops killed in the attack until after notification of relatives.
An Afghan Defense Ministry spokesman says the shooting took place Saturday near the Pakistan border in the capital of eastern Paktia province, the city of Gardez. A security official there says the attack took place inside a base of the Afghan army in Gardez.
So far this year, 11 foreign soldiers have been killed in such attacks, including the attack Saturday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.