Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama to GOP: End brinkmanship on budget, debt
Sunday - 9/22/2013, 8:34am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is appealing to the public anew to pressure Congress to stop undermining his health care law through measures that would threaten a government shutdown or a default on the government's debts.
In his Saturday radio and Internet address Obama makes it clear he would not accede to Republican efforts to defund the 2010 Affordable Care Act. Obama says, quote, "That's not happening. And they know it's not happening."
The House on Friday passed a stopgap spending bill through mid-December that cuts off money for the health care law. Later in the month, Congress must raise the nation's debt limit to avoid a first-ever default.
The Republican address was delivered by Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval. He calls for economic growth through leadership and bipartisan negotiation in Washington.
Obama's address: http://www.whitehouse.gov
Republican address: http://www.youtube.com/user/gopweeklyaddress
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.