Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
House to vote on budget bill defunding health law
Wednesday - 9/18/2013, 3:20pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) says House Republicans will pass a budget bill this week that withholds funding for President Barack Obama's health care law.
The effort stands little chance in the Democratic-controlled Senate, setting up a showdown that could push the government toward a partial shutdown at the end of the month. Funding to operate the federal government runs out at the end of September.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said the House will also push to delay the health care law for a year as part of a plan to extend the government's ability to borrow. He said debt ceiling talks will include a path forward on tax reform and approval of the Keystone XL pipeline.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.