Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obamas adopt 2nd White House dog, name her Sunny
Monday - 8/19/2013, 10:34pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Watch out, Bo -- there's a new dog in town.
The White House says the Obamas have added a second dog to the first family. Her name is Sunny, and she's a Portuguese Water Dog -- the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says that breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny was born a year ago in June in Michigan and arrived at the White House Monday.
She's expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The White House says the Obamas will donate in Sunny's honor to the Washington Humane Society.
The Obamas adopted their first White House dog in April 2009, fulfilling a campaign promise to daughters Sasha and Malia.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.