Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obamas adopt 2nd White House dog, name her Sunny
Monday - 8/19/2013, 10:34pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Watch out, Bo -- there's a new dog in town.
The White House says the Obamas have added a second dog to the first family. Her name is Sunny, and she's a Portuguese Water Dog -- the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says that breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny was born a year ago in June in Michigan and arrived at the White House Monday.
She's expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The White House says the Obamas will donate in Sunny's honor to the Washington Humane Society.
The Obamas adopted their first White House dog in April 2009, fulfilling a campaign promise to daughters Sasha and Malia.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.