Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Winfrey to hold NJ fundraiser for Dem Cory Booker
Tuesday - 7/30/2013, 4:59pm EDT
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Oprah Winfrey is holding a fundraiser for Democratic Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker's bid for the U.S. Senate.
Tickets for Thursday's event in Jersey City range from $1,000 to $2,600. Booker's campaign says about 200 people are expected to attend.
Winfrey dubbed Booker a "rock star mayor" on her show, and the two are friends.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg announced his $100 million gift to Newark's schools when he and Booker appeared on Winfrey's TV show in September 2010.
Polls show Booker is the front-runner in the race to replace the late Democratic Sen. Frank Lautenberg (LOW'-tuhn-burg), who was the oldest member of the Senate and died last month at age 89. The primary election is scheduled for Aug. 13.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.