Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Stocks gain momentum...Bernanke gives talk ... French stimulus plan
Wednesday - 7/10/2013, 7:40am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market appears to be regaining momentum. The major indexes all rose for a fourth straight day, with the Dow gaining about 75 points to 15,300. The biggest gains were in riskier small-company stocks and sectors that do best when the economy is growing. The Russell 2000, an index of small-company stocks, rose nearly 1 percent Tuesday.
BANGKOK (AP) -- Asian stock markets made small gains Wednesday as investors weighed expectations of robust U.S. corporate earnings against weak trade figures from China. Tokyo's Nikkei 225 index was up just 0.1 percent to 14,489.90 and Hong Kong' Hang Seng gained 0.4 percent to 20,766.41.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is scheduled to talk about the Fed's first 100 years at a conference in Massachusetts this afternoon. It could be an opportunity to elaborate on the thinking of Fed policymakers at their June meeting on interest rates. The Fed will release the minutes of that meeting earlier in the day.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federal regulators have labeled insurer American International Group and General Electric's finance arm as potential threats to the financial system. The two companies will be the first to be designated "systemically important." As a result, they'll be subject to stricter government oversight and will have to boost their financial cushion against losses and limit their use of borrowed funds.
PARIS (AP) -- The French government has unveiled a modest stimulus plan focusing on new technology and ecology, in an attempt to boost an economy that's back in recession and is weighing on overall European prospects. The 12 billion euro ($15 billion) plan announced Tuesday especially targets green investments, in energy, industry, transport, health and research.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.